Falling in Love with Chicagoland
It’s never difficult to find something to do around Chicago! Winter, Spring and Summer have their own unique events and activities, but Autumn around the Windy City can be the most magical of all! When your moving company delivered your items to your new home in Chicago, exploring your new city was likely not on your radar. But now that the boxes are unpacked and the family photos are hung on the wall, the time is right to start exploring your new city! As an established family moving company with deep roots in the Chicago area, we’re excited to share our favorite Autumnal activities around your new home!
The Fall colors around Chicago are some of the best in the Midwest! Every Fall, the trees put on a dazzling display, temporarily changing the scenery of Chicago into a kaleidoscope of colors. While you can see this show in your own backyard, here are some of the top spots in the Chicago area to check out:
- The Morton Arboretum- This stunning arboretum features a maze garden and sponsors various events and festivals throughout the year. The Fall Color Festival and Illumination: Tree Lights at the Morton Arboretum highlight the exquisite colors of the season. Tickets for special events are limited, but the Arboretum is sure to be a family favorite year-round!
- Chicago Botanic Garden- Stunning is an understatement! Every year, the trees and scenery around the Chicago Botanic Garden become a spectacle of oranges, yellows and reds. Be sure to check out their vast classes and events, like the incredibly popular and spooky Night of 1,000 Jack-O-Lanterns!
- Maple Grove- Lovingly preserved for over a hundred years, Maple Grove is the lasting trace of the original maple forest that developed Downers Grove. Hiking trails wind through the pristine forest, perfect for an afternoon walk and picnic while enjoying nature’s free show of colors.
Before taking a drive around Chicago to check out the beautiful color, be sure to check out this Fall Color Report to see when colors will be at their peak!
Fun for the Whole Family
As a family-owned and operated moving company, we know how challenging it can be to find an activity that the whole family can enjoy. From grandparents to toddlers and teenagers, these family events are sure to please everyone!
- Cosley Zoo Pumpkin Fest- Held annually through the whole month of October, families can enjoy thousands of pumpkins and decorations along with their favorite zoo animals. Fall decorations and treats are also available for purchase during the Pumpkin Fest.
- Johansen Farms Children’s Zoo- Talk about something for everyone! Johansen’s features a petting zoo, pony rides, hayride, bakery, Fall market, and more! Special events are also hosted, including Trick-Or-Treating!
- Pumpkin Patch Festival- This festival takes place over the last 3 weekends in October. This family fun event is sure to have something for everyone, featuring live entertainment, food, carnival rides, petting zoo and of course, pumpkins!
Thrills and Chills
Looking for some extra scares this spooky season? Some of the scariest haunted attractions aren’t far from Chicago.
- Disturbia Haunted House- This haunted attraction is not for the faint of heart! Ranked as one of the scariest haunted attractions in the Midwest, Disturbia is sure to send you running in terror!
- Midnight Terror Haunted House- Over 26,000 square feet of scares, this attraction has been ranked #1 in the Chicagoland area! Veteran owned and operated, and proudly located in Oak Lawn, are you brave enough to explore the Midnight Terror Haunted House?
- Scream Scene- As the seasons change, so does the theme, sets and characters that lurk at the Scream Scene. Since the haunt is different each year, this is one to check out every spooky season!
No Tricks, Only Treats
We hope you’ll take some time to explore the Chicagoland area as you settle into your new life in Chicago. Cooler Autumn days make a trip to the zoo, pumpkin patch or picnic in the park much more enjoyable. It’s easier to explore and discover when the temperature is comfortable, and you’re surrounded by stunning Fall color.While any fly by night moving company can offer plenty of scares, that’s never what you can expect with Corrigan! We pride ourselves on fair, honest business practices and taking care of our customers. Since 1929, Corrigan has been leading the way in the moving industry. Contact us today, and see what treats are in store for your next move with Corrigan Moving Systems!